Friday, November 03, 2017

DIY Project: Instax Photo Frame


Who else remembers the days of travelling around with a disposable camera where you have to spin the wheel on the top right after snapping a shot? And then when you go get it developed, you realize that the flash on the camera is horrible and that half the shots have your finger in it? Hahaha. Those were the days.

I was always someone who developed photos and put them in photo albums. I just love flipping through them a couple years later to relive those memories! This year, I've visited 9 cities so far & really wanted to find a way to showcase it in my room. I was going to go develop my photos at Costco or Walmart but then, I discovered the best thing ever: Fujifilm's Instax Smartphone Printer.


I got the Instax Share SP-2 printer this summer & all you need to do is send a picture to the printer from your smartphone over wifi to get it printed! To prove how easy & fun this little invention is, I decided to make my own frame to showcase some of my favourite travel moments this year. So I bought a frame from Michaels (clear, so that you can remove the top glass), a spool of string, and some baby clothespins.

I chose and edited the photos I wanted to put in the frame on my phone, and sent them to the printer. It only takes 10 seconds to print 1 photo lol. Yup, it's that simple! Just hang up three lines of string like I did in the photo below while you wait for the photos to develop. Finally, just clip the photos on!! If this isn't the easiest little frame to make, I don't know what else to say.

The best thing about it is that you can easily print other photos as time passes & replace it in the frame! I absolutely love my little frame as it holds a couple of my favourite memories in 2017!

I also really like this printer because you're able to edit the photos & make sure it's how you want it before you print it out. So have fun & go nuts! You'll never have to worry about your instant photo having a weird colour or printing with your finger in the corner. You can now pick and perfect your photo before printing :) perfect!


*Please note that this post was done in partnership with Fujifilm. However, all opinions and thoughts are my own.
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig