Friday, April 08, 2016

5 Effective Ways to go to the Gym in the Morning

Do you ever plan to go to the gym and then end up talking yourself out of it?
Because I do - all the time!

I had a streak of going to the gym/classes until I just...stopped. I lost my motivation.
I found that I always planned to go to the gym, until 'something came up' and I "just couldn't make it".

Source: tumblr.com

After taking a couple months off and noticing a change in my body that I did not like, I restarted my fitness journey. In addition to eating clean, I have also treated my gym dates like I was going to a food event (seriously, it has come to that).

But instead of planning to go after work, I've been making time in the mornings. If you know me, that's a HUGE thing. I love my sleep (and can literally sleep for 14 hours straight).

How do I do it, you ask?

Well, below are 5 silly effective ways to get your bum to the gym in the m-yawn-nings.
(Did you see what I did there?)

Okay fine, they are quite silly but I mean...whatever works right?? These methods work for me, and I hope it'll also work for you as well!

- - -

1.  GO TO SLEEP IN YOUR GYM CLOTHES

You would be surprised how much easier it is to get out of bed when you're already in your gym clothes. Trust me when I say it will actually motivate you to get up.

First of all, you'll save a couple minutes in the morning that you would have used to change.

And second, it's colddddd in the mornings. Since you're already in your gym clothes, you stay warmer longer since you don't have to strip down to change.

2.  SIT UP IMMEDIATELY WHEN YOUR ALARM RINGS

I am guilty of immediately snoozing my alarm once it rings. This is mainly because I've grown accustomed to having 5 other alarms after my initial one for the sole purpose of being able to snooze it.

If you're like me, BEFORE you snooze your alarm, force yourself to sit upright and THEN snooze the alarm. I find that if I sit up, I am less likely to plop back in bed and continue sleeping.

This takes a lot of will power though... Not sure why gravity is so damn strong in the mornings, but it'll get easier each time.

3.  PLAN TO WASH YOUR HAIR IN THE MORNING

If you're the type of person to shower/wash your hair before you sleep, wait until the morning (but still shower before you sleep cus um ew).

Yes, that sounds disgusting but if you need to wake up early to wash your hair before going to work/class anyways, why not just wake up a bit earlier, sweat it out, and then wash your hair?

I can't believe how many times this one aspect has gotten me to go to the gym lol it's kinda gross, but who cares!! You're going to sweat anyways!

4.  BUY PRETTY WORKOUT CLOTHES

I know people are like, "why do you have to look good at the gym?" - I'm sorry, but I believe that if you look good, you feel good. And if you feel good, you'll be more motivated to go to the gym.

If you have a kickass gym outfit (i.e. aesthetically pleasing running shoes, a cool cut-out gym top, a solid pair of gym leggings, etc.), you will be more inclined to actually put them on and go to the gym.

And since gym clothes aren't cheap, you'll be motivated in that way as well (I'm so guilty of this lol).

5.  "JUST 5 MINUTES"

Tell yourself you only have to stay at the gym for 5 minutes.

Sometimes, you will really not be feeling it and actually stay for 5 minutes - and that is completely okay. I've done that before. I changed, went to the gym, walked on the treadmill for exactly 5 minutes, and went home.

But 95% of the time, I end up staying for my full workout. Why? Because I already hauled my bum out to the gym, so I better get a damn good workout from it!

- - -


It takes 66 days to make a habit, so start NOW.
Because when tomorrow hits, you'll be wishing you started today.

& don't forget:

MIND
------------------
MATTER

You got this!!!
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig