Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Uno Reykjavík


Many people ask me what kind of food do they eat in Iceland. To their surprise, I answer 'anything and everything'. Although Iceland does have their specialties, they really do have anything you want. 

Take Uno for example. If you're craving Italian, this is a spot you should check out. Keep reading to see what they're all about!


On our last stop in Reykjavík, we stopped by Uno in the downtown core for some Italian cuisine with an Icelandic twist...sort of. I honestly just wanted some homemade pasta :P


As noted above, Uno is located in the heart of downtown outside a cute little square. I can see it being very lively in the summertime especially with patio seating and the hustle n' bustle of everyone walking around the square.


Inside reminded me of a very casual Italian eatery, which I really liked especially with the sun shining in.


We started off with some appetizers, because so many things just sounded delicious.


This is Uno's Baked Brie. It is topped with nuts and is served with toasted baguette and jam. 


I've never actually had a baked brie before, and I loved it! Just looking at this picture is making me crave it again.


The second appetizer we ordered were the polenta chips.


Cubes of polenta, rosemary, and parmesan, served with home made chili-jam on the side. These cute cubes were really tasty, but SO filling!!! I wanted to eat more and more but it wasn't going to happen since I needed to save room for my pasta (spoiler alert: I ended up eating more and was more than half-full by the time my pasta came out lol)


We also ordered mussels made with white wine and garlic. As a seafood lover, I enjoyed these and only wished there were more!



Onto the main courses.. I ordered the classic chicken pasta. Homemade fresh pasta with chicken, bacon, mushroom, garlic and cream sauce was just calling my name. Although the chicken was a little dry for my liking, I always love this combo would recommend this dish for someone who loves cream sauce pasta.



V ordered the langoustine and prawn pasta with homemade linguine in tomato sauce. I got a taste of this and really liked it. My last bites of langoustine before leaving Iceland!



For dessert, we ordered the amaretto chocolate brownie and I also got a latte.



I loveee brownies, especially with ice cream and fruit. So this dessert was super tasty. The amaretto was a little too overpowering for V's tasting though.



Overall, we had a good time at this lil downtown spot just hours before boarding out flight home.


*This meal was complimentary, however, please note that all my opinions made are my own.*
- - -

And that's it to my Iceland posts! You can say I was very happy with the past 6 days I spent in Iceland! Although it was very bittersweet to leave, I knew I'd be back one day - hopefully in the summer time!

To view the rest of my Iceland posts, click here.
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig