Thursday, January 07, 2016

Carisma


Pasta is something that I will always love to eat.
I always have cravings at lunch for pasta but it's so hard to find a spot in the food court that makes you pasta (except for Saute Rose)....Which is why I love going to Italian restaurants for dinner!


Carisma is an authentic Italian spot on King Street, just west of Yonge, and it is definitely not one to just walk by.



Although it looks tiny from the outside, it is quite spacious on the inside with a number of tables.


Side note: I love restaurants that have a one page menu. It helps with my decision on what to eat when all I want is to order the whole menu.
...Which is what we did in terms of the appetizers hehe


From left to right: prosciutto-wrapped arugula (a little too salty), insalata di bufala (so good), insalata di funghi (my favourite), and calamari alla griglia (the best!).


In addition to the antipesto platters we each had, Carisma's complimentary bread was a huge hit.


I ordered the Pappardelle al Cinghiale (pappardelle pasta with wild boar ragu). The pappardelle was thick and the sauce was a little spicy - so good!


This bolognese penne wasn't on the menu, but our server was awesome and accommodated D's request! It was so nice of them, but D told me that they did this the last time he went there as well. Consistent good service? Love it!


A table favourite was the Gnocchi with a four cheese sauce. Although I didn't taste it, everyone that ordered this pasta cleaned their plates!


Unfortunately Carisma doesn't post their dessert menu but from what I remember, this was a Lindt molten chocolate concoction. The outer shell was hard, but inside was a gooey chocolate centre. Paired with chocolate ice cream, it was such a sweet way to end a delicious dinner.


I've recommended a couple individuals to dine here and have only heard positive feedback! So I'm recommending this spot to you too. Carisma is very close to the financial district and it will definitely fulfill any Italian cuisine cravings you have.

Carisma Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig