Sunday, December 06, 2015

#TaittingerTime at the iYellow Wine Cave


What better way to kick off the holiday season than with a couple bottles of bubbly with Taittinger?
I had the pleasure of going to the cave for some champagne, cheese, oysters, and great company.


iYellow Wine Club is a social wine club in Toronto where it's sole purpose is to taste wine, learn about wine, and connect with others that love wine as much as you do. I've had the opportunity to enter their amazing wine cave a couple times, and I've always a blast.


Besides hosting events like this one, iYellow also has wine classes for people like you and I to learn about wine and also wine tours. Their upcoming winter schedule for wine classes is up, and I highly recommend you to sign up for one! You can choose based on the region of the wine you'd like to learn about, and you also get to taste cheese from The Cheese Boutique.


Entering the cave this time around, I quickly hung up on my coat so I could get this party going! I don't know if I've ever been more excited for an event.


We stopped by the champagne station first. Angela, the founder of iYellow, poured us a perfect flute of Taittinger while explaining to us how Taittinger champange comes to existence. Specifically, Taittinger Brut Réserve is a mix of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunier wines that is aged for a minimum of three years in the cellars.


Talk about delicious!


I really enjoyed having glasses of Taittinger over the course of the night. I couldn't put my glass down! It was sort of an issue when I had to head over the oyster bar for some freshly shucked oysters.



These oysters from PEI were to die for. I think I had one too many...but I honestly can never had too many oysters. Shout out to the lovely ladies for shucking them so well!!


About this cheese though... There were four to choose from, and I fell in love with one. Chateau de Bourgogne - everyone, remember that. This triple-cream cheese made in Burgundy is so rich and melts in your mouth like soft butter. It paired very VERY well with our glasses of Taittinger Champagne. Oh my goodness... I am just drooling thinking about this! The other cheese were also very delicious but not as good as this one.


What I got from attending this event was the following three things:
1. If you are looking for champagne for this holiday season, pick up a bottle of Taittinger. You will not be disappointed, and neither will your guests. Let's #PopTaittinger together!
2. Cheese and champagne go so well together.
3. Oysters and champagne go so well together.


Aka, I need to recreate this combo at home ASAP - and I highly recommend you do the same because you are missing out!!!
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig