Thursday, December 24, 2015

Carmen's Steak House


Romantic, candlelit dinner on a Friday night...
What a great way to wind down a stressful work week!



Carmen's Steak House is located in a Victorian Era Cottage on Alexander Street, just off Yonge. I haven't heard about Carmen's, but I've seen many pictures and reviews from others so I was very excited to give this place a visit.


We were seated in one of the rooms on the side, which was quite nice as it looks like we booked out the entire place!


They started us off with a basket of garlic bread and our drink choice of the evening. As we nommed away at the bread (which is honestly so delicious), we didn't feel the need to order an appetizer. 


Except, they brought one out for us anyways!! This steak tartare was on the house :) We both really enjoyed this spicy steak tartare with crispy crostini.


D ordered the 10oz New York Striploin with a side of their pork belly poutine.


While the striploin was juicy and tender, the poutine was a very big let down. The fries were hard and I didn't even taste or see any pork belly.


As for me, I ordered the miso black cod with spinach risotto. I know I know, I go to a steakhouse and I don't even order steak. I've heard way too many great things about the cod though, and I am so happy I ordered it!


They also put Katsuoboshi flakes on the cod, as you can see in this close up picture. 


The cod itself was absolutely delicious. It melted in my mouth, and I'm pretty sure I made weird noises while eating it. The spinach risotto was good, but not even close to being as good as the black cod. I highly recommend ordering this as an appetizer if you love black cod like me!


For dessert, we got to try their coconut crème brûlée. I'm not a fan of coconut so I wasn't sure if I would like this crème brûlée, but the coconut flavour wasn't strong at all! The consistency of this was surprisingly really good - with the crunchy bits at the top, it was a really great end to our meal.


Overall, we both had a great time here! The service was impeccable, and we both had a very enjoyable experience here. I would highly recommend visiting Carmen's if you're in the area and craving some amazing steak and bomb black cod!!

Carmen's Steak House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

*This meal was partially complimentary courtesy of Zomato; 
however, please note that all opinions expressed are solely my own.*
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig