Thursday, November 19, 2015

Kintaro Izakaya


On a Thursday, I attended the Kintaro Tasting at Kintaro Izayaka. Kintaro is known for their skewers, and look at how they make them! So many different kinds on their grill getting ready for dinner service - yum yum.

This tasting was filled with so many dishes of Japanese eats!
So let's get started and let's see what I had :)


Our drinks for the night!


Salmon and Avocado Salad: Fresh salmon and avocado with ponzu dressing


Agedashi tofu: deep fried soft tofu


Maguro Tataki: lightly seared tuna



Yuke: lightly seasoned raw beef


Yaki Gyoza: house made pork dumpling


Torikawa Karaage: Japanese style deep fried chicken skin



Gyu Tataki: lightly seared beef



Ika Teriyaki: squid with teriyaki sauce

All the appetizers (yes, these were all the appetizers to get us ready for the main meal - I wasn't kidding when I said we had a lot of food hehe) were good! My favourite was definitely the salmon and avocado salad. It was very refreshing and I just love that combo. I also really enjoyed their pork dumplings. It is made from scratch by Kintaro and you can definitely tell - so good!

& now onto the skewers! Out of all the ones we tried, I'm only posting my favourite ones below.



Set A: Chicken breast with cheese, beef strip loin, pork belly, scallop and king mushroom


Enoki Bacon: bacon wrapped enoki mushroom


(I'm sorry! I forgot what this one was, but it was good!)

Overall, I had a fun experience here. The food took a little longer to come so we were waiting for a large portion of the time, but it is inevitable as we were a large group and they also had other customers to serve was well. Service was great though, and the owners are the cutest ever! You can really tell they pour their heart and soul into their business here. So if you're ever in the area, pop in for a skewer or two (or three).

Kintaro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

*This was a complimentary dinner; however, please note that all opinions expressed are solely my own.*
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig