Friday, October 02, 2015

Mean Bao (via Hurrier)


On lazy lazy days (or any day), don't you just wish someone would deliver you food? The answer is always yes. At least for me. So, hello Hurrier!

Oh, and this post is also in excitement for Bun Month :)

Hurrier (@usehurrier) is a business that arranges someone to pick up the food that you order online and deliver it to your very doorstep. And did I mention that they only deliver on bikes? Yes, with your food lol. Pretty awesome, eh? So all you need to do is go to your door and open it. Seems pretty simple and it is! Here are a snippet of their vendors (these are just the ones that are closest to me):


Anyways, back to the food!! I ordered three baos from Mean Bao (@MeanBaoToronto). And I have to be honest right now. All the combo options that Mean Bao had came with only two baos. To me, that's way too little food for me. But...I was wrong. So so very wrong. Do not be like me and order three instead of two because you will be so very full. I honestly couldn't eat another bite and had to take a two hour break inbetween them lol no joke.


Here is the pork belly bao. Wrapped in a white bun is pork belly, cucumber, pickled cabbage, and a generous amount of hoisin sauce.


This one is the tofu & enoki mushroom bao with carrots, red cabbage, sesame, and satay sauce. This is their vegan option.


And this one is braised beef bao smushed together with bok choy and some taiwanese pickle.


Overall, I really enjoyed these buns. The ingredients were really good and each one was just so different! My favorite would have to be the pork belly one though.
And too bad winter is coming up, so I am not too sure how Hurrier is going to be dealing with the snow! But before the snow falls, be sure to try them out if you're ever being lazy.

Mean Bao. Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

*This was a complimentary dinner; however, please note that all my opinions made are my own.*
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig