Saturday, February 07, 2015

Weslodge


I took the opportunity to visit Weslodge when I was going through the list of winterlicious restaurants. I've walked past these yellow doors a couple times, but haven't had a chance to go inside until last week.


Walking through those yellow doors brought me back in time. It was not what I was thinking the inside would look like - very old fashioned and I can tell why they're known for their bourbons. It goes with the atmosphere!


I was really tempted to try one of their famous cocktails but I wasn't really feeling great that night, so I'll save that for another night.


To start, we both chose the Salmon Crudo, with a jalapeno sauce, sprinkled with puffed rice and a side of crispy taro chips.


M ordered the Orange Cider Braised Short Rib on a sunchoke puree, with white cabbage, and a sprinkle of yukon potato hay on top.


I ordered the Wild Mushroom Ragu tagliatelle, with parmesan and crispy kale.


To end off the meal, we both got the Weslodge Brownie with a side of french vanilla ice cream, fudge sauce, and bourbon roasted peanuts.


I was warned by friends that the portions here were small, but I heard that food would be amazing. From my experience here, I can agree that the portions are small but the food was not close to being amazing. Nothing really stood out to me. Everything tasted a little bland without much flavour. Maybe I'll just stay in the bar area next time.

Weslodge on Urbanspoon
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig