Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Taste of the Danforth 2014

What better way to encourage my nostalgia towards Greece
than by going to the Taste of the Danforth?

The Taste of the Danforth is one of the largest street food festivals Toronto has to offer.
Approximately 1.5 million attendees are present every year, and that alone freaks me out.
So many people! In one little street! (Okay, the street isn't that little but it's still a decent amount of people given that Toronto's population is about 2.8 million!).


This year is actually my first time coming to this festival. In previous years, I was either studying for finals or away on vacation. So since I was in town this year and I absolutely love Greek food, why not?

V and I arrived around 3:30pm which I would say is a great time. The lines were not massive, and the crowds for dinner did not arrive yet. The only downside was that it was SO hot (the peak hours that the sun wants to eat you alive).

But when you're really hot and all you want is something cold, isn't that just the perfect excuse to go inside and eat gelato? (Yes.)

Mango + Tiramisu Gelato

Next up: Pies
Lamb Rosemary Pie from Ouzeri

The obvious next:
Beef Gyro

And last but not least,
Greek Poutine <3_<3
fries + feta + gyro + gravy

...Yeah. Be jealous.
Just kidding - don't be! You just have to come here and see for yourself :)
If you've never been and absolutely adore Greek food, I would definitely recommend coming here! Although I know it's ideal if you get to try everything they have to offer, it won't be possible. (Trust me.) So I guess that just means you'll have to make it an annual thing :)


Hope you all had a great weekend!
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig