Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Rosewater


I only know of Rosewater as "Rosy Thursdays" and it was actually odd coming to Rosewater on a Wednesday night as opposed to a Thursday. But, I decided to give their kitchen a try since it was summerlicious.

Here were our food choices for the night:

Wild Mushroom Cappuccino | Porcini Dust, Parmesan Crostini

Passion Fruit Glazed Tiger Shrimp | Asian Vegetable Slaw, Soy and Mirin Dressing


Spiced Cornish Hen  | Roasted Asparagus, Blistered Cherry Tomatoes, Summer Pea Risotto, Natural Jus

Crisp Skinned BC Snapper | Wasabi Mashed Spring Roll, Wok Fried Gai Lan, Black Sesame Tangerine Butter


Brown Sugar Peach Crumble | Fireweed Honey Ice Cream, Toasted Almond Brittle 


Overall, it was an alright meal.
L said that the shrimps were very bland and I did not like the soup at all. I couldn't even get through half of it. 
As for the mains, I felt that the hen was overcooked as the meat was very dry (one of my biggest food fears) and L had nothing exciting to say about the fish.
The dessert was probably the best part. The warm peach slices and crumble plus the vanilla ice cream was a great combo.
The service and ambiance of the restaurant was mediocre.
I don't think I would come back again for food as I don't think it's worth the money, but definitely for drinks :)

Rosewater on Urbanspoon
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig