Monday, March 03, 2014

Luma

Welcome to LUMA!
Although L and I already went to the Winterlicious event at Casa Loma together, we still decided to go for a dinner. Luma has always been on my list of places to eat, so when L showed me their menu...there was no debate but to give it a try.
To start off, they gave us bread with this hummus concoction, that was absolutely divine.
L and I wiped that clean.
And onto our Winterlicious meal!

We both ordered the same appetizer.
Fregola & Mixed Bean Salad
62.5° celsius hen’s egg, charred treviso, onion, chilies and anchovy lemon dressing
I mean, look at that beautifully cooked egg? The yoke just spillllled out, and mixed with the rest of the salad? Amazing.
I am normally not a fan of eggs, peppers or beans. I surprisingly really enjoyed this salad! My taste buds are dying!! I'm starting to like more food :o I guess that's a good thing though :)

Onto our mains:

For my main, I ordered the Roasted Trout.
glazed roots, puffed wild rice and brown butter bay scallops
I half got it because of the scallops (I've been on a scallop loving phase recently) and half due to the trout.
I didn't enjoy this dish as much as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, it was still delicious but I've had better elsewhere.

L ordered the house favorite: Braised Willowgrove Pork Shoulder
shiitake mushroom pilaf, green mango pickle, rice paper crunch and honey truffle sauce
I had a couple bites and it was so good! It was so flavorful and filling. L couldn't even finish her plate and that is so rare LOL

For dessert, I ordered the Chocolate and Espresso Budino that came with an almond biscotti.
Chocolate, espresso and biscotti... I couldn't say no.
The budino was alright. I'm not a fan of them so I didn't enjoy it. It was wayyy too sweet for my liking. The biscotti was good though!

L ordered the Steamed Banana Pudding that came with burnt marshmallow ice cream.
I would have ordered this just to try the ice cream.

Overall, it was a really good dining experience. The service was good and the food was amazing. Located in such a key building, I am pretty sure I will be back!
Luma on Urbanspoon

I'll continue my NYC posts after this one :)
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig