Saturday, March 15, 2014

Café Habana

I mean if Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis came here... It has to be good, right?!
Café Habana first caught my attention because of the movie Friends With Benefits (which is one of my favorite movies).
I knew that the next time I visited NYC, I would have to come visit this place.
This place is literally a little hole in the wall - but a bustling one at that.
It was extremely busy!! We were lucky to get a table right away because we were only a party of 2.
I would recommend either coming at an odd eating time, or only take one lucky person to eat with you. It's super difficult to get a larger table than 2 there once it gets busy.

The first thing we ordered was the corn, obviously.
Grilled Mexican Corn, served with mayonnaise, cotija cheese, chili powder and lime.
SO. GOOD.
I do not really like spicy food, but the kick of spice was probably the best part. And the corn, and the mayo and cheese... Oh noms.

For our mains, M ordered the Grilled Shrimp Tacos.
Corn tacos and shrimp marinated with thyme, oregano, garlic, chipotle in adobo, citrus zest and olive oil...that would be served with guacamole, pico de gallo, rice and beans.
What a mouthful - to say and to eat! M loveddd it. I was lucky enough to try a bite and wish I had ordered this myself!

But, I had ordered Enchiladas estilo Norteno, which was corn enchiladas with grilled skirt steak with their salsa ranchera, crema and avocado...served with rice and beans.
Everything was under that little pile of delicious sauce.
I really wish I had a photo of the enchiladas because it was absolutely delicious.
With each bite, I was in heaven. 
The tortilla, steak, salsa, avocado, rice and beans combo...yup. You had to have a bit of everything each time. It was just the bomb dot com.
If you love Cuban/Mexican food, and corn on the cob specifically, you HAVE to visit this place. You won't be disappointed, I promise.

17 Prince Street
New York, NY 10012, United States
Café Habana on Urbanspoon

After dinner, we walked along Prince Street to get back to the Metro station.
On our way, we passed by some of the cutest shops.
We walked by this bookstore and both simultaneously agreed to go inside.
I'm pretty sure we stayed there for at least 30 minutes looking around.
M found this cute picture book called Paris vs. New York.
It was the cutest book that compared all the little things about the two cities.

Time to curl up and read until it's time for bed :) good night!

- - -
To view the rest of my NYC posts, click here :)
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig