Thursday, January 03, 2013 / Toronto, ON, Canada

» ki (n.) - pure; undiluted; raw

Today for lunch, I ventured off to a Japanese restaurant in Brookfield Place (again) called ki modern japanese + bar.

I adored the restaurant and lounge setting, as it was very modern and business-y, which makes sense since it is in the heart of Toronto's financial district.

I ordered the free-range teriyaki chicken with burdock, potato, and asparagus.
Picture from @ kiJapanese - but mine looked exactly like this
It was delicious! The chicken was moist and not too dry, and the teriyaki sauce wasn't too sweet for my taste.

My coworkers ordered a tuna platter, spicy tuna roll (yellowfin tuna, scallions, sriracha mayo), and the spicy salmon roll (Atlantic salmon, asparagus, endive, spicy raspberry sauce, ao noriko). Whatever that entailed, it looked and sounds amazing.

P.S., I am slowly learning that my paycheque will probably not support my eating habits that I've developed so far...lol

- - -
Updated post on my travel blog :: Marrakesh Day 2
Share:
© Sincerely, KN | Toronto Food & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig